Dominus Roleplay

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Warpizzle's admin application
Canonical Idea Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 4:10 pm by Shisno

» guiz can i be an ota assassin pls
Canonical Idea Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:13 pm by Milkdairy

» DRP Reopening
Canonical Idea Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Me have computer problems long time
Canonical Idea Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 pm by τΐgσ

» im out /10 character titles -.-
Canonical Idea Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Server Reboot to-do-list
Canonical Idea Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm by Neko

» Kasumi Misaki
Canonical Idea Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am by Kitsune

» hay tailer
Canonical Idea Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:20 am by Kitsune

» Your favorite Unit.
Canonical Idea Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 am by Warpizzle

Navigation

+4
τΐgσ
TheBloodMaster
Kitsune
Shisno
8 posters

Canonical Idea Thread

Kitsune
    Kitsune

Canonical Idea Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Canonical Idea Thread

Post  Kitsune Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:43 pm

TheBloodMaster wrote:
    τΐgσ wrote:Alright, new idea: Combine anti-floral chemicals.

Following the name, and the Combine plan on slowly dwindling the populace of humans to zero, the chemicals could be spread about the Outlands to greatly reduce the possibility of renegades farming for their food, causing them to not only look for places with good soil, but places where the chemicals are barely present or absent.

Needless to point out, these chemicals won't directly effect humans, but would put a greater emphasis on finding your own food.

As for how these chemicals could be deployed, they could be administered like the suppression fields, aerial drops, artillery, etc.

headcrabs provide the food necessary to survive, and they taste good, and are carnivores! no soil necessary!

Only Xenians (Vorts) Eat headcrabs. I do not believe they are edible for humans and stuffs, seeing as they have some sort of parasite that turns humans into zombies, I have a feeling that being consumed is very unhealthy.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Amethyst™ wrote:
    TheBloodMaster wrote:
    τΐgσ wrote:Alright, new idea: Combine anti-floral chemicals.

Following the name, and the Combine plan on slowly dwindling the populace of humans to zero, the chemicals could be spread about the Outlands to greatly reduce the possibility of renegades farming for their food, causing them to not only look for places with good soil, but places where the chemicals are barely present or absent.

Needless to point out, these chemicals won't directly effect humans, but would put a greater emphasis on finding your own food.

As for how these chemicals could be deployed, they could be administered like the suppression fields, aerial drops, artillery, etc.

headcrabs provide the food necessary to survive, and they taste good, and are carnivores! no soil necessary!

Only Xenians (Vorts) Eat headcrabs. I do not believe they are edible for humans and stuffs, seeing as they have some sort of parasite that turns humans into zombies, I have a feeling that being consumed is very unhealthy.

actually, it only is able to get to your brain if A: alive or B: has a beak, so if one of the two are not possible, then it is completely harmless. HOWEVER, the poison headcrabs have deadly neural toxin and WILL kill you if done improperly.

also, ofc somebody would cook them before eating them...
    Milkdairy
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

Location : Staring at my computer, My Chair, My Room, My house, Los Angeles, California, United States, Northern America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post  Milkdairy Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Or maybe you're all spouting jargon you just made up on the spot or took from some community that made it up on the spot.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 pm

Milkdairy wrote:Or maybe you're all spouting jargon you just made up on the spot or took from some community that made it up on the spot.

I'm actually not. it's been proven that if you kill a headcrab while it's being brainfucking, it stops immediately, and the result is no zombie! also, the headcrab takes control of a zombie's brain WITHOUT any chemicals, so killing it will make it harmless.
    Kitsune
    Kitsune

Post  Kitsune Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 pm

TheBloodMaster wrote:
    Milkdairy wrote:Or maybe you're all spouting jargon you just made up on the spot or took from some community that made it up on the spot.

I'm actually not. it's been proven that if you kill a headcrab while it's being brainfucking, it stops immediately, and the result is no zombie! also, the headcrab takes control of a zombie's brain WITHOUT any chemicals, so killing it will make it harmless.

And... where did you get these facts? You're telling me that by biting the head it just... magically infects it? Maybe it's in the beak, but even then... whatever they inject would probably be in a sac somewhere in the body, therefore making it unsafe to eat.

Unless you somehow knew about the sac and just removed it.

Somehow.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:30 am

Amethyst™ wrote:
    TheBloodMaster wrote:

And... where did you get these facts? You're telling me that by biting the head it just... magically infects it? Maybe it's in the beak, but even then... whatever they inject would probably be in a sac somewhere in the body, therefore making it unsafe to eat.

Unless you somehow knew about the sac and just removed it.

Somehow.

they don't inject anything, in opposing forces, one of the scientists say that it takes control of your nerves, and pretty much become your mind. (however, the hl2 wiki says the process itself is known, but the fact is that they have no form of "injection"

also, Bill Conor learned from "Green" (a vortigaunt in Relentless RP) how to make headcrabs.

Post  Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:27 pm

I am here and I'll drop my two cents on some general, "Canonical Ideas" and my opinion on Rouge OTA.

First of all to address the situation on Rouge Elements in the UU, Overwatch would never go rouge out of blind faith and would NEVER have that typical rouge RP relationship with citizens, you see brainwashing as it is implemented into a OTA unit is something very basic actually. After the process of becoming an OTA you'd have little to no recollection of your past.

Basically put all the UU would have to say to the OTA is "Serve the UU" and they'd do it because it's all they know. However if one were to go Rouge in that unlikely circumstance they'd actually first of all I doubt they'd last long because last time I checked in the general cannon believed by many people that OTA do not eat normal food ( This counts for your Assassins too )So they'd need a constant energy source to maintain them, which the resistance or anyone else would more than likely would not have.

So a Rouge OTA would be more nomadic, going where they could find there in-human sustenance could be found. They'd have to barter with AC (EX: You show me how to use this tech and we give you energy) then they'd move on, it'd be more of a mercenary sort of deal rather than a "olololololol I'm a OTA, lets be friends!" kind of relation.

Reasons for a Rouge OTA could possibly be a captured one forced out of it by confinement for a long period of time ( They'd need a energy source to keep them alive though, this type of rouge however would be more loyal ) OR under the circumstance that they were left behind far from Combine lines and needed to survive, which is unlikely but in the land of RP anything can happen.

In conclusion to my rant I'd like to say that a Rouge OTA would have to be eased out there mind-set by isolation and survival alone or in a small team. Maybe while attempting to get back to a UU outpost they might need to barter rather than go "Pew-Pew" because after-all they still are based on a human.

( Also Rouge Assassins are NOT happening, I'll explain if you want me to )
    Kitsune
    Kitsune

Post  Kitsune Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:51 pm

MichaelM wrote: I am here and I'll drop my two cents on some general, "Canonical Ideas" and my opinion on Rouge OTA.

First of all to address the situation on Rouge Elements in the UU, Overwatch would never go rouge out of blind faith and would NEVER have that typical rouge RP relationship with citizens, you see brainwashing as it is implemented into a OTA unit is something very basic actually. After the process of becoming an OTA you'd have little to no recollection of your past.

Basically put all the UU would have to say to the OTA is "Serve the UU" and they'd do it because it's all they know. However if one were to go Rouge in that unlikely circumstance they'd actually first of all I doubt they'd last long because last time I checked in the general cannon believed by many people that OTA do not eat normal food ( This counts for your Assassins too )So they'd need a constant energy source to maintain them, which the resistance or anyone else would more than likely would not have.

So a Rouge OTA would be more nomadic, going where they could find there in-human sustenance could be found. They'd have to barter with AC (EX: You show me how to use this tech and we give you energy) then they'd move on, it'd be more of a mercenary sort of deal rather than a "olololololol I'm a OTA, lets be friends!" kind of relation.

Reasons for a Rouge OTA could possibly be a captured one forced out of it by confinement for a long period of time ( They'd need a energy source to keep them alive though, this type of rouge however would be more loyal ) OR under the circumstance that they were left behind far from Combine lines and needed to survive, which is unlikely but in the land of RP anything can happen.

In conclusion to my rant I'd like to say that a Rouge OTA would have to be eased out there mind-set by isolation and survival alone or in a small team. Maybe while attempting to get back to a UU outpost they might need to barter rather than go "Pew-Pew" because after-all they still are based on a human.

( Also Rouge Assassins are NOT happening, I'll explain if you want me to )

Actually, Rogue assassins ARE Happening. Very few of them, and since I'm making the choices for the OTA... Well, Rogues won't be the way you see them. Sure, on the first week of being un-brainwashed it'll be difficult, especially for OTA, but all OTA /CAN/ eat normal food... they just don't HAVE too.

Infact, I believe when they're in stasis is where their substance is given to them, but they would be able to eat food, too.

To summarize, There will be rogue assassins, maybe one or two assassins... one/two ota, probably just one. And whoever is leading the MpF can pick how many MpF rogues 'der are.
    Shisno
    Shisno

Post  Shisno Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:06 pm

SHISNO SCAN COMPLETE. UNNECESSARY AND ASININE POSTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED. So for dang sake people, keep it civil past this line.
    Milkdairy
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

Location : Staring at my computer, My Chair, My Room, My house, Los Angeles, California, United States, Northern America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post  Milkdairy Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:30 pm

TheBloodMaster wrote:

Source on this?
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:43 am

I'm going to be VERY blunt with my opinions here.
    Run the fucking server like Chancer did, or get help to run it like he did.

Chancer did a damn good job at running his Outlands server and that's why it survived.

Shisno:
    1. Don't give yourself a full fucking medical lab. There is absolutely no fucking way you could get what is basically a fully stocked hospital in the basement of some house in the Outlands without it being noticed.

2. Control the players. Frankly, they whined too much when things weren't going their way.

3. Proper staff. This I can't stress enough. I'm sorry Shisno, but in the last server, you did a shitty job when it came to picking your staff members. You want the staff members that care about the server more than themselves and don't use their power to benefit their characters.

4. The fucking Overwatch, MPF, and Rogues. Seriously, in this server, I don't want to see these people often. Half the server should not own a god damn rogue MPF or OTA, because quiet frankly, they aren't fucking popular.

Everyone else:

1. Stop being suck bitch asses when it comes to everything.
    Holy fuck, your character will not always win a fight, so don't bitch whenever your character has to lose for once. Holy shit, RP to lose every now and then, it's not that bad. I RP to lose almost 100% of the time, because it's sometimes fun to RP yourself getting beat. Jesus, I kill my characters because the death process is fun. Ask Skittles, I was RPing with her today in a Walking Dead rp and I willingly got bit by a zombie and jumped off a building because I liked the emotion and trauma that the roleplay brings.

2. The fucking weapons. You don't need 20 guns to roleplay. While it's nice to have a weapon for your own protection, chances are once you have an armory of guns that you somehow store in your ass, you become an asshole that nobody wants to roleplay with because you think you can win all of the fucking time, and quite frankly, you're the reason the server drops into a shithole.

3. Factions. No. Don't let this shit happen again. Just don't.

((Please note, my excessive cursing in this thread may have been contributed due to the amount of alcohol that is currently in my system, however, I feel like the cursing does help make my points pretty bold, and on point, however, they should not in any way be viewed as attacks on anyone specific. I curse like a motherfucker and that's just how I am.))
    Kitsune
    Kitsune

Post  Kitsune Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:10 am

Hipster wrote:I'm going to be VERY blunt with my opinions here.

Chancer did a damn good job at running his Outlands server and that's why it survived.

Shisno:
    1. Don't give yourself a full fucking medical lab. There is absolutely no fucking way you could get what is basically a fully stocked hospital in the basement of some house in the Outlands without it being noticed.

2. Control the players. Frankly, they whined too much when things weren't going their way.

3. Proper staff. This I can't stress enough. I'm sorry Shisno, but in the last server, you did a shitty job when it came to picking your staff members. You want the staff members that care about the server more than themselves and don't use their power to benefit their characters.

4. The fucking Overwatch, MPF, and Rogues. Seriously, in this server, I don't want to see these people often. Half the server should not own a god damn rogue MPF or OTA, because quiet frankly, they aren't fucking popular.

Everyone else:

Holy fuck, your character will not always win a fight, so don't bitch whenever your character has to lose for once. Holy shit, RP to lose every now and then, it's not that bad. I RP to lose almost 100% of the time, because it's sometimes fun to RP yourself getting beat. Jesus, I kill my characters because the death process is fun. Ask Skittles, I was RPing with her today in a Walking Dead rp and I willingly got bit by a zombie and jumped off a building because I liked the emotion and trauma that the roleplay brings.

2. The fucking weapons. You don't need 20 guns to roleplay. While it's nice to have a weapon for your own protection, chances are once you have an armory of guns that you somehow store in your ass, you become an asshole that nobody wants to roleplay with because you think you can win all of the fucking time, and quite frankly, you're the reason the server drops into a shithole.

((Please note, my excessive cursing in this thread may have been contributed due to the amount of alcohol that is currently in my system, however, I feel like the cursing does help make my points pretty bold, and on point, however, they should not in any way be viewed as attacks on anyone specific. I curse like a motherfucker and that's just how I am.))

Let me give my opinion on this whole thre- I mean, this post. *WALL OF TEXT*

1. Anyways, We already know Shisno will probably start off with SOMETHING OP or an unfair advantage. Well, someone will at least. It never fucking fails to happen. This is mainly due to the fact that the common response of a Shisno is; "._. ... O- Okay... *COWERS IN FEAR*" And this is twice as bad with Scout, who can manipulate him extremely easily, even though I don't think she really realises she's doing it. (Still <3 you Scoot.)

2. Control the players? I just laughed. It's really NOT hard. Someone asks for something and you're not going to give it to them? A simple, blunt 'No'. And if they continue to ask despite you giving them reason as to why you are not giving them said thing? 'No, and if you keep asking you're getting banned.'. Threaten to ban, but don't actually do it. Chances are, they will either shut up, or leave. Who wants someone who rageleaves because they don't get what they want anyways? Those are the types that would refuse to defeat RP.
    (Had to edit it because it wasn't perfect enough for someones standards.)

3. Nothing to really say about this. You're 100% correct. The only true Admins / SA's I saw that were fucking GODLY, were Stokesy and You (Though, I barely saw any of you.). One I remember that I just flat out hated (But don't actually hate in a friend kind of way) Is Milkdairy. He had a fucking character who could manipulate Quicksilver (Or was it mercury?) Through... MAGICAL STUFFS- I mean, Shisno's logic. This is an example of Shisno being unable to just fucking say NO.

4. Alright, about a week ago, I'd have been saying "Meh... how about just a few rogues?" But, at this point, seeing how fucking SLIM the chances are of someone being taken by rebels (Mind you, rebels probably hate your fucking guts), then the rebels saying; "OH LOOK! THIS GUY HAS MURDERED A BUNCH OF US, HELPED TO ENSLAVE US! QUICK, LET'S HELP HIM OUT AND GIVE HIM HIS HUMANITY BACK!" (Unless he was a high ranking unit that could get supplies).

As for the 'Everyone else:" part...

1. Okay, if I was responding to this back when I was like... in my second month of RPing at DRP? I'd probably be immature as fuck, and, at the time, I refused to defeat RP in the very slightest. For example, my character back in BRP (Brink Roleplay) was a OTA rogue with augmentation so op, she could dodge bullets, and could rip a hunter in half. After going through months (Maybe half a year) of RPing in a Second Life area, I actually learned to defeat RP really well. I myself am not a 'I MUST DEFEAT RP!' At all times, rather I prefer to take the most logical / realistic route. I have a USP in my hand and someone has a disassembled crossbow on their back? They try to assemble it and shoot me? Maybe, if I didn't notice. But, if I did, they'd be dead. Someone has a shotgun in hand, and I have a holstered USP, I try to attack them? I'm dead. People should really just RP realistically from now on. It truly does make RPing a LOT more fun.

2. Here's a simple solution; HOW ABOUT LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF GUNS IN THE OUTLANDS? I mean, holy FUCK people! It's NOT hard! Weapons in DRP (Before) were like fucking Turds in a toilet, They're EVERYWHERE! They're like, tiny little pistols floating around, then you got those HUUUGE RPG-7's sunk at the bottom, then when you try to flush it, it clogs the server! It's like... SO MUCH BITCHING, THE SERVER CLOGS!

3. I see NOTHING wrong with Factions. The problem doesn't lie in Factions at all, it lies in the people running them thinking they absolutely MUST start off with supplies. How about NO, Scott? Just start off with nothing, make yer own shit, and eventually, over the course of like a month or so, slooooowly build up to having a few well armed people in the faction. You know how when you join and you get that question; "What is roleplay about" ? Didn't you answer 'DEVELOPING YOUR CHARACTER' ? Yeah, you shouldn't be worried about becoming billy-fucking-badass and instead just worry about the fun-factor of the RP.

/Rantend

That's just my opinion on that. GOOD DAY, SIR.
    Shisno
    Shisno

Post  Shisno Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Spoiler:

Shisno:

Kitsune wrote:This is mainly due to the fact that the common response of a Shisno is; "._. ... O- Okay... *COWERS IN FEAR*"

I'm not the easy-going softy I once was (and Kitty, enough of the personal attacks on how I used to be.). And, I don't plan on Helix being friendly right off the bat. In fact, He might just become one of the more dangerous antagonists if the right (or wrong) things happen.

Hipster wrote:

Shit's gonna happen. I can't stop people from making a several person gang, but just because they manage to kill an Overwatch patrol squad, doesn't mean they're going to magically receive weapons, armor, food and ammunition.

Spoiler:
    Yuri Sergig
    Yuri Sergig
    Donator

Post  Yuri Sergig Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:21 am

About this Faction thing, Is it possible the Forum can be made a IC Thread under Outlands General ? I am having a few ideas about a faction i am thinking about making a few brainstorms on, then possibly making a rogue sketch of it. I know server isnt up, But least it would give me some time to prepare a better faction. And no, I am not thinking about a CDF-Supersoldierwithbiggunsandaugmentations thing, I am thinking about that '' Town Militia '' Gig i did on Closure Roleplay, That went alot better, and noone had a bazillion weapons.

Also IF we are starting CDF, We should this time worry about food, water supplies, and medical situations as most likely vacations isnt updated since the Combine arrived, And also due to the lower hygiene, lower quality of food and water, and so forth. Like on Metro RP's they really put a great focus on farming, and water cleansing workers, as they were the ones who were keeping the camps alive, So if we are starting it, this time weapons should be rarely occured, and if so, then given to people who can roleplay well enough to be awarded them.

Also back on CDF, I remember alot off other factions besides CDF that suddenly had military choppers, APCS, And 50. Cal weaponry and ammo enough to start the Yugoslavian war. Twice. So Gunsmiths, and Chemists should also be a important role, if we are thinking anything close about weapons, As i heard the Combine weaponry is having Bio-ID thingies that prevents other personnel, Expect the Combine soldier, From using the weaponry, Also something about people that doesnt know how to use them and all that jazz.

Anyway, Just a few ideas of mine.
    Shisno
    Shisno

Post  Shisno Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:27 am

Personally, I am fine with any playerbased group, but if you start one, they will not immediately recieve weapons, armor, ammunition or food. All of that will have to gain supplies through IC means. (And I'm not talking about people saying "Oh yeah, we raided a combine outpost yesterday" when no such event happens.)
    Yuri Sergig
    Yuri Sergig
    Donator

Post  Yuri Sergig Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:47 am

Shisno wrote:Personally, I am fine with any playerbased group, but if you start one, they will not immediately recieve weapons, armor, ammunition or food. All of that will have to gain supplies through IC means. (And I'm not talking about people saying "Oh yeah, we raided a combine outpost yesterday" when no such event happens.)

Of course not, The Town Militia was only reciving abit off help in the start, but the rest we gatherd ourselves, And i really honestly doubt anyone will start raiding the Combine just straight off the bat, that takes men, logistics, skill, and alot off training and planning, not something you can do with your average-joe refugee. In the start all i was thinking about is gathering a community, then making a farming, or water sanitation tasks. Then later on starting to build up and so forth. Anything larger at the start seems unrational and not something smart to do without preparing.
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Yuri Sergig wrote:
    Shisno wrote:Personally, I am fine with any playerbased group, but if you start one, they will not immediately recieve weapons, armor, ammunition or food. All of that will have to gain supplies through IC means. (And I'm not talking about people saying "Oh yeah, we raided a combine outpost yesterday" when no such event happens.)

Of course not, The Town Militia was only reciving abit off help in the start, but the rest we gatherd ourselves, And i really honestly doubt anyone will start raiding the Combine just straight off the bat, that takes men, logistics, skill, and alot off training and planning, not something you can do with your average-joe refugee. In the start all i was thinking about is gathering a community, then making a farming, or water sanitation tasks. Then later on starting to build up and so forth. Anything larger at the start seems unrational and not something smart to do without preparing.

The farming and water sanitation part is actually a VERY good idea. Makes for a new source of food, instead of the rations that seem to be infinite.
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ
    Senior Development Manager/Donator

Post  τΐgσ Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Hipster wrote:
    Yuri Sergig wrote:

The farming and water sanitation part is actually a VERY good idea. Makes for a new source of food, instead of the rations that seem to be infinite.

I can attest to the farming aspect as a good way to pass time in PassiveRP, having done it myself before the server went down. The only problems I see are:

A. Keeping people interested in these tasks and therefore making it seem like maintenance, rather than 'Do once, then forget'.

B. Finding out how the outcomes of said tasks are going to go over: Will the crops grow, or die out? Will they be infested by insects? Will the water get polluted again? Although admins could merely throw a wrench in the system every once in a while with an event, we could also monitor what goes on in the server, such as a dead body in a river that feeds the water source, and use that to influence what goes on as well.
    Yuri Sergig
    Yuri Sergig
    Donator

Post  Yuri Sergig Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:58 pm

τΐgσ wrote:
    Hipster wrote:
    Yuri Sergig wrote:

I can attest to the farming aspect as a good way to pass time in PassiveRP, having done it myself before the server went down. The only problems I see are:

A. Keeping people interested in these tasks and therefore making it seem like maintenance, rather than 'Do once, then forget'.

B. Finding out how the outcomes of said tasks are going to go over: Will the crops grow, or die out? Will they be infested by insects? Will the water get polluted again? Although admins could merely throw a wrench in the system every once in a while with an event, we could also monitor what goes on in the server, such as a dead body in a river that feeds the water source, and use that to influence what goes on as well.

I understand your points, and already made a few thoughts about that issue. However, If people RP correctly the fertilization process, croops attending, and feeding them the required attention, it would result into a outcome of food, and if they dont RP correctly the required roleplay behind getting the outcome from the farming, then they get nothing. That will encourage them taking the task serious, and also to take efford into it. Then when they do it right, and get the benefits of doing that task, They feel good about it, and feel as if they did their part. However i already made ideas about making groups to do each task, and processing, that will keep people less disorganzied, and making them remeber their tasks.

Anyway, Motivation is also a key, that is why i suggest for their work, they will be rewarded in food, water, or some form off currency, if added onto the server, or mere minor items, like bags, or alike. So if we can make a solid payment for the tasks, and make full-time employment, things will go very smooth. They do the same thing on Metro RP servers, And it damm works !. Now, I respect if now and then admins will make events where croops fail, or the water supplies been perhaps stolen by bandits, and so on. But, Aslong it isnt always, else people will just loose the motivation for doing the tasks.

So what i am suggesting is before starting a real Resistance alike paramilitant group, I will make a small Community-based faction that will be doing town duties, Such as protection of the area that people is living in, maintaining order, filteration of water, farming of food, and so forth. That will might seem boring, and seem like it requires alot of people, But trust me, it will pay off, Of course in the start it will be limted as i cant expect more then 10-20 Players in the start, And then it also depends on how big slots the server have, But i am sure i will find a way.

So what i am saying is, this time the '' Resistance '' will not be '' Che-Guvera rambo guerilla fighters with big guns and augmentations '' They will focus on realism, and be based heavily on passiv roleplay, because according to the cannon, The majority of the time in Resistance( Of course this wont be the offical one, but like a similar unoffical minor one)The resistance spendt time laying low, transporting people to outlands from sewers, or hidden passages ways, and resupplying food and water. And that agenda i intended to keep, If i am granted a blessing by the Staff when we near the point of start, I will make a faction, agian, not a offical one.

Anyway, I hope you like the ideas, I wont try and attempt to be doing passiv RP all the time, Sure now and then we might use guns, But that will be really limted, and only in minor combat sitations, and not like before in the time where we stood up to a damm Combine invasion.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Kitsune™ wrote:

Shisno:

Everyone else:

Let me give my opinion on this whole thre- I mean, this post. *WALL OF TEXT*

1. Anyways, We already know Shisno will probably start off with SOMETHING OP or an unfair advantage. Well, someone will at least. It never fucking fails to happen. This is mainly due to the fact that the common response of a Shisno is; "._. ... O- Okay... *COWERS IN FEAR*" And this is twice as bad with Scout, who can manipulate him extremely easily, even though I don't think she really realises she's doing it. (Still <3 you Scoot.)

2. Control the players? I just laughed. It's really NOT hard. Someone asks for something and you're not going to give it to them? A simple, blunt 'No'. And if they continue to ask despite you giving them reason as to why you are not giving them said thing? 'No, and if you keep asking you're getting banned.'. Threaten to ban, but don't actually do it. Chances are, they will either shut up, or leave. Who wants someone who rageleaves because they don't get what they want anyways? Those are the types that would refuse to defeat RP.
    (Had to edit it because it wasn't perfect enough for someones standards.)

3. Nothing to really say about this. You're 100% correct. The only true Admins / SA's I saw that were fucking GODLY, were Stokesy and You (Though, I barely saw any of you.). One I remember that I just flat out hated (But don't actually hate in a friend kind of way) Is Milkdairy. He had a fucking character who could manipulate Quicksilver (Or was it mercury?) Through... MAGICAL STUFFS- I mean, Shisno's logic. This is an example of Shisno being unable to just fucking say NO.

4. Alright, about a week ago, I'd have been saying "Meh... how about just a few rogues?" But, at this point, seeing how fucking SLIM the chances are of someone being taken by rebels (Mind you, rebels probably hate your fucking guts), then the rebels saying; "OH LOOK! THIS GUY HAS MURDERED A BUNCH OF US, HELPED TO ENSLAVE US! QUICK, LET'S HELP HIM OUT AND GIVE HIM HIS HUMANITY BACK!" (Unless he was a high ranking unit that could get supplies).

As for the 'Everyone else:" part...

1. Okay, if I was responding to this back when I was like... in my second month of RPing at DRP? I'd probably be immature as fuck, and, at the time, I refused to defeat RP in the very slightest. For example, my character back in BRP (Brink Roleplay) was a OTA rogue with augmentation so op, she could dodge bullets, and could rip a hunter in half. After going through months (Maybe half a year) of RPing in a Second Life area, I actually learned to defeat RP really well. I myself am not a 'I MUST DEFEAT RP!' At all times, rather I prefer to take the most logical / realistic route. I have a USP in my hand and someone has a disassembled crossbow on their back? They try to assemble it and shoot me? Maybe, if I didn't notice. But, if I did, they'd be dead. Someone has a shotgun in hand, and I have a holstered USP, I try to attack them? I'm dead. People should really just RP realistically from now on. It truly does make RPing a LOT more fun.

2. Here's a simple solution; HOW ABOUT LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF GUNS IN THE OUTLANDS? I mean, holy FUCK people! It's NOT hard! Weapons in DRP (Before) were like fucking Turds in a toilet, They're EVERYWHERE! They're like, tiny little pistols floating around, then you got those HUUUGE RPG-7's sunk at the bottom, then when you try to flush it, it clogs the server! It's like... SO MUCH BITCHING, THE SERVER CLOGS!

3. I see NOTHING wrong with Factions. The problem doesn't lie in Factions at all, it lies in the people running them thinking they absolutely MUST start off with supplies. How about NO, Scott? Just start off with nothing, make yer own shit, and eventually, over the course of like a month or so, slooooowly build up to having a few well armed people in the faction. You know how when you join and you get that question; "What is roleplay about" ? Didn't you answer 'DEVELOPING YOUR CHARACTER' ? Yeah, you shouldn't be worried about becoming billy-fucking-badass and instead just worry about the fun-factor of the RP.

/Rantend

That's just my opinion on that. GOOD DAY, SIR.

Adam had 15 guns... I challenge anybody who isn't an SA and isn't shisno to beat that
    Shisno
    Shisno

Post  Shisno Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:24 pm

TheBloodMaster wrote:
    Adam had 15 guns... I challenge anybody who isn't an SA and isn't shisno to beat that

Nobody cares, nor will anyone in the future care that you had fifteen guns. Most other people were walking armories. (And that will never happen again.)
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:00 pm

One of the main things I want to see people improve on is to learn how to fucking spell rogue.

ROGUE. Not Rouge. Rouge is a french word, and it means red.
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:16 pm

How about, highest ranking a rogue can be is 04 and maaaaybe 03.

Would mean less 'I AM TEH SECUND COMMING OF JAYSUS' rogues.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 pm

τΐgσ wrote:How about, highest ranking a rogue can be is 04 and maaaaybe 03.

Would mean less 'I AM TEH SECUND COMMING OF JAYSUS' rogues.

there's something we can agree with.

Although they should probably be heavily injured because no CP was trained for a place as deadly as the coast.
    Milkdairy
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

Post  Milkdairy Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:47 am

I don't understand how training correlates with how injured you will get in the Coast?

CP's are at best people too and can adapt just as easily as refugees and big bad webils

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am