Latest topics

» Warpizzle's admin application
Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:10 pm by Shisno

» guiz can i be an ota assassin pls
Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:13 pm by Milkdairy

» DRP Reopening
Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Me have computer problems long time
Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 pm by τΐgσ

» im out /10 character titles -.-
Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Server Reboot to-do-list
Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm by Neko

» Kasumi Misaki
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am by Kitsune

» hay tailer
Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:20 am by Kitsune

» Your favorite Unit.
Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 am by Warpizzle

Navigation


    So... who wants DRP Back?

    Share
    avatar
    Kitsune

    Posts : 135
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Age : 21

    So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Kitsune on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:14 pm

    Remember me? Integra- The bitchassholecunteater of the server who everyone hates? Turns out my family gets a lawsuit check due to a doctor DESTROYING my moms foot either near christmas or sometime 2013... The lawsuit check is 200k. No joke.

    I'm going to be getting 15k - 30k of it for myself, in which I'll be giving around 5 (Depending on how much I get) To DRP to restart. Just curious of what people thought of this.

    Oh and by the way, this isn't a question of IF it will happen... it's definetly going to happen, it's more of WHEN it will happen.
    avatar
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

    Posts : 355
    Join date : 2011-08-17
    Location : Ban-Land

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  TheBloodMaster on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:44 pm

    WELL SHISHNO HATES ME, SO THAT ISN"T GOING TO BE GOOD FOR ME BECAUSE HE"LL PROBABLY BAN ME.... (btw, shisno, add me, it turns out the video you watched wasn't the right one, in fact, it was completely different from the video I intended)
    avatar
    Shisno

    Posts : 265
    Join date : 2011-06-20
    Location : Your Hard Drive.

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Shisno on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:05 pm

    If five grand is given to DRP to be funded, oh yeah we'll restart.


    _________________
    avatar
    Gothic

    Posts : 80
    Join date : 2011-07-14

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Gothic on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:57 pm

    If we came back - again, would we have our old characters? :z
    avatar
    Shisno

    Posts : 265
    Join date : 2011-06-20
    Location : Your Hard Drive.

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Shisno on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:32 pm

    I'd have to do a serious restructuring. But again, this is all hypothetical.


    _________________
    avatar
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

    Posts : 384
    Join date : 2011-06-26
    Location : Staring at my computer, My Chair, My Room, My house, Los Angeles, California, United States, Northern America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Milkdairy on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:54 pm

    Star wrote:If we came back - again, would we have our old characters? :z

    This is far less than possible.


    We also have no record of previous characters as far.

    There would need to be obvious changes made to the non-RP structure of the operation, and we lack competent coding skills and/or coders to reach out to for what it's worth.



    _________________
    Red hair <3
    avatar
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

    Posts : 355
    Join date : 2011-08-17
    Location : Ban-Land

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  TheBloodMaster on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:54 pm

    Milkdairy wrote:
    Star wrote:If we came back - again, would we have our old characters? :z

    This is far less than possible.


    We also have no record of previous characters as far.

    There would need to be obvious changes made to the non-RP structure of the operation, and we lack competent coding skills and/or coders to reach out to for what it's worth.


    indeed
    avatar
    Kitsune

    Posts : 135
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Age : 21

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Kitsune on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:29 pm

    If I do this (It'll probably be around early 2013)... I ask that we please tone down the rogues and PLEASE For the love of GOD Some people need to learn to defeat RP or atleast RP realistically.... But yes, when I get my money, I will do this. No doubt.
    avatar
    Yuri Sergig
    Donator

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2011-07-18

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Yuri Sergig on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:23 pm

    Faith N Yuri, Here we go lol. Sure, This sounds awesome, If this happend, I be sure to tune in.
    avatar
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

    Posts : 355
    Join date : 2011-08-17
    Location : Ban-Land

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  TheBloodMaster on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:59 pm

    Yuri Sergig wrote:Faith N Yuri, Here we go lol. Sure, This sounds awesome, If this happend, I be sure to tune in.

    Yuri, for the last time, I was with the same fucking OTA squad that killed you more then 3 times in a row, after that, you died in an event, then you were granted an exception by a complete miracle, then you died again from faith, so no, yuri is dead, faith is dead, they are both never coming back.
    avatar
    Neko

    Posts : 160
    Join date : 2011-08-01
    Age : 23
    Location : Equestria

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Neko on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:06 am

    If DRP really comes back, I'm going to add the rapey SWEP
    /serious line
    Really excited for this. If it's truly coming back, get ready for waves of nostalgia.
    avatar
    Yuri Sergig
    Donator

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2011-07-18

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Yuri Sergig on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:27 am

    TheBloodMaster wrote:
    Yuri Sergig wrote:Faith N Yuri, Here we go lol. Sure, This sounds awesome, If this happend, I be sure to tune in.

    Yuri, for the last time, I was with the same fucking OTA squad that killed you more then 3 times in a row, after that, you died in an event, then you were granted an exception by a complete miracle, then you died again from faith, so no, yuri is dead, faith is dead, they are both never coming back.

    Maybe, Buuuuttt Its a different time now, So i be will be alive on that time, so sorz, you gunna see me Smile
    avatar
    Shisno

    Posts : 265
    Join date : 2011-06-20
    Location : Your Hard Drive.

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Shisno on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:50 am

    Before this thread derails too hard, I will say that the canon will be kicked back in time, for reference, Before Helix joined the resistance. And that was IC years before Yuri even heard of Faith. (Faith was still at least 3 years old.)


    _________________
    avatar
    Neko

    Posts : 160
    Join date : 2011-08-01
    Age : 23
    Location : Equestria

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Neko on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:56 am

    Oh god, so Sierra is an infant? Damn it, I already had her backstory planned out, so she's out unless we (later on) timeskip.
    NEW CHARACTER TIME!
    avatar
    Yuri Sergig
    Donator

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2011-07-18

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Yuri Sergig on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:47 pm

    What, Kicked back in time !? Then everyone will be children or goddamm Babies. Look, Why dont we just do that we all start back at when we did at DRP start, Where we were all starting at a city, Helix or someone starts a group that transports the people to outlands, we start resistance, and So on. But this time we will start over, And limt the number off augs, Vampires, Rogues, and such as. It just seems like a big leap to just say all the people we were before now is damm kids, thats going to be hard to think about. But after all, its your choice, but i am saying we least should consider options before saying that we are going to start back in time, because that would mean all from DRP basicly will be children.

    PS. About that deaths and all that, Yes, I did get shot by Faith back then, but afterwards i talked over what damage and such happend, so afterwards i took a new name, and ID, So basicly new character. Also those times i did die i NLR [ Like the majority did when they died ] Or Pain/Medical RP. But Faith part was true because i got shot up close in my chest i believe with a Revolver.
    avatar
    Shisno

    Posts : 265
    Join date : 2011-06-20
    Location : Your Hard Drive.

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Shisno on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:56 pm

    Yuri Sergig wrote: Helix or someone starts a group that transports the people to outlands.

    Problem with that: Helix was still aligned with the Combine at this time.

    Yuri Sergig wrote: But this time we will start over, And limt the number off augs, Vampires, Rogues, and such as.
    While there will be some limiting in other places, RP won't be as limited as it was in "old" DRP, but there won't be any fucking vampires I'll tell you that.

    Yuri Sergig wrote:It just seems like a big leap to just say all the people we were before now is damm kids, thats going to be hard to think about. But after all, its your choice, but i am saying we least should consider options before saying that we are going to start back in time, because that would mean all from DRP basicly will be children.
    Adapt the situation, if you provide a good enough argument (and a fucking amazing backstory,) I might be willing to cut a few people a break, as the canon isn't quite set in stone yet.

    Yuri Sergig wrote:PS. About that deaths and all that, Yes, I did get shot by Faith back then, but afterwards i talked over what damage and such happend, so afterwards i took a new name, and ID, So basicly new character. Also those times i did die i NLR [ Like the majority did when they died ] Or Pain/Medical RP. But Faith part was true because i got shot up close in my chest i believe with a Revolver.

    And on the death shit, NLR is being thrown out the window. This is now HL2RP: DayZ edition. You will be given opportunities to save your life, but don't expect to live if you get shot in the gut with a heavy round.



    _________________
    avatar
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

    Posts : 355
    Join date : 2011-08-17
    Location : Ban-Land

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  TheBloodMaster on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:29 pm

    Shisno wrote:Before this thread derails too hard, I will say that the canon will be kicked back in time, for reference, Before Helix joined the resistance. And that was IC years before Yuri even heard of Faith. (Faith was still at least 3 years old.)

    well, considering adam has been 27 since faith was 4 (and is somehow 27 in the present) and considering adam was at his best when faith was 3 LET"S DO DIS!
    avatar
    Gothic

    Posts : 80
    Join date : 2011-07-14

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Gothic on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:35 am

    I guess see how DRP is when it comes back, I dunno how I feel about it.

    Yey for it coming back though.
    avatar
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

    Posts : 384
    Join date : 2011-06-26
    Location : Staring at my computer, My Chair, My Room, My house, Los Angeles, California, United States, Northern America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Milkdairy on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:44 pm

    I will attempt to work with Shisno to work out a plan that will make things work out for the workiest of all of us.


    The main key points I'd like to bring to the table are:

    Elements from reformed Voltaic Roleplay such as reactive environments and disease,

    Non-fictional canon, this means there shouldn't really be any stupid diseases that cause vampirism or let people live off blood. It's just not scientifically possible

    Abolition of "S2M", S2M is boring and it'd be funner and more decisive to decide gunfights by actually gunfighting. Who's the tough guy now when you've got a slug in your head?

    A more "Dynamic" roleplay. This follows along the lines of the previous suggestion.

    Powergaming is a sensitive subject and players should be free to initiate any RP they want, this means that I think you should be able to begin a firefight without waiting for a reaction, save for letting the other person maybe get their gun out and then you both start shooting.

    On that note, if you guys really strive for realism, these should all be things that are implemented. A turn-based Roleplay will only yield problems where the Roleplay timeline becomes independent from dynamic time.

    Example:

    Man 1 initiates RP fight

    Man 2 initiates and defends

    *RP goes on, HOWEVER, Man 2 called for backup on the radio, and his buddies managed to get there before man 1 has even taken a couple swings at man 2. Man 2's buddies have violated the RP timeline by getting to the situation faster than realistically possible*

    Any questions? Add me on steam.


    _________________
    Red hair <3
    avatar
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

    Posts : 355
    Join date : 2011-08-17
    Location : Ban-Land

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  TheBloodMaster on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:25 am

    Milkdairy wrote:I will attempt to work with Shisno to work out a plan that will make things work out for the workiest of all of us.


    The main key points I'd like to bring to the table are:

    Elements from reformed Voltaic Roleplay such as reactive environments and disease,

    Non-fictional canon, this means there shouldn't really be any stupid diseases that cause vampirism or let people live off blood. It's just not scientifically possible

    Abolition of "S2M", S2M is boring and it'd be funner and more decisive to decide gunfights by actually gunfighting. Who's the tough guy now when you've got a slug in your head?

    A more "Dynamic" roleplay. This follows along the lines of the previous suggestion.

    Powergaming is a sensitive subject and players should be free to initiate any RP they want, this means that I think you should be able to begin a firefight without waiting for a reaction, save for letting the other person maybe get their gun out and then you both start shooting.

    On that note, if you guys really strive for realism, these should all be things that are implemented. A turn-based Roleplay will only yield problems where the Roleplay timeline becomes independent from dynamic time.

    Example:

    Man 1 initiates RP fight

    Man 2 initiates and defends

    *RP goes on, HOWEVER, Man 2 called for backup on the radio, and his buddies managed to get there before man 1 has even taken a couple swings at man 2. Man 2's buddies have violated the RP timeline by getting to the situation faster than realistically possible*

    Any questions? Add me on steam.


    because you blocked me on steam, I'll respond here, it is fail rp to disallow people to openly come in and interfere with rp that is happening, they got there, fair and square, if this is the RP I can expect, I guarantee a lot of people won't abide by it, whether they agree to this or not
    avatar
    Kitsune

    Posts : 135
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Age : 21

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Kitsune on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:18 pm

    I'll get us a coder for custom SWEP's and a custom gamemode. He made a STALKER OA Gamemode. He's like a coding GAWD. And no, no rapey SWEP's. None. Bad Neko. I dun wunna piss off Scoot. Yeah, that's right. IF YOU'RE READING THIS I STILL <3 YOU SCOUT.

    Anyways, About the vampirism thing... It is ENTIRELY possible. Ever heard of Rensfield's Syndrome? That could be what causes it. Also, a plethora of new diseases could cause it. I don't want it personally, but if it does happen, it should be kept uber-secret, and should only be obtained via the leader of the group personally handpicking you.
    avatar
    Yuri Sergig
    Donator

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2011-07-18

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Yuri Sergig on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:34 am

    Integra wrote:I'll get us a coder for custom SWEP's and a custom gamemode. He made a STALKER OA Gamemode. He's like a coding GAWD. And no, no rapey SWEP's. None. Bad Neko. I dun wunna piss off Scoot. Yeah, that's right. IF YOU'RE READING THIS I STILL <3 YOU SCOUT.

    Anyways, About the vampirism thing... It is ENTIRELY possible. Ever heard of Rensfield's Syndrome? That could be what causes it. Also, a plethora of new diseases could cause it. I don't want it personally, but if it does happen, it should be kept uber-secret, and should only be obtained via the leader of the group personally handpicking you.

    Well its fine aslong its only like 2-5 people, and not ending up being 1/3 of all women chars alike last time that is vampires or got vampire traits, that was really stupid, and gotten unserious since they all lived in a base under the bridge at RP_coast7, Also please, no more augs and rogues, that was really also ridiclous. It feelt like living in Deus Ex - Half Life 3.

    Also, '' Sufferers of Renfield's Syndrome are overwhelmingly male. The disorder is typically sparked by an event in childhood in which the sufferer associates the sight or taste of blood with excitement. During puberty, the feelings of attraction to blood become sexual in nature. '' So only male vampires basicly, since else it be ridiclously rare for women that have a very rare syndrome, at the same place, also this syndrome is a not something you get when you get bitten, its something you are born like, like autistic people, and so on.
    avatar
    Kitsune

    Posts : 135
    Join date : 2011-07-27
    Age : 21

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Kitsune on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:32 pm

    ... No... you get it from an event in your childhood. And I advise watching how many people have it. Two at max, one female. Also, I may go for a rogue since I'll be giving a COUPLE THOUSAND DOLLARS to get this server back up.

    But don't worry, even though she'd be an assassin... she doesn't have an assassin suit and is a pacifist. Fuck those latex suits. (All she has is the EOWA Helmet she used to use, but that's pretty useless)
    avatar
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

    Posts : 355
    Join date : 2011-08-17
    Location : Ban-Land

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  TheBloodMaster on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:39 pm

    Integra wrote:I'll get us a coder for custom SWEP's and a custom gamemode. He made a STALKER OA Gamemode. He's like a coding GAWD. And no, no rapey SWEP's. None. Bad Neko. I dun wunna piss off Scoot. Yeah, that's right. IF YOU'RE READING THIS I STILL <3 YOU SCOUT.

    Anyways, About the vampirism thing... It is ENTIRELY possible. Ever heard of Rensfield's Syndrome? That could be what causes it. Also, a plethora of new diseases could cause it. I don't want it personally, but if it does happen, it should be kept uber-secret, and should only be obtained via the leader of the group personally handpicking you.

    @ your script-er thing, great, and @ vampires and rogues, depends on what vampires your referring to, if it's a vampire wannabe, then that's perfectly OK, but no queen of the damned bullshit.

    EDIT: and if your gonna be a rogue, (with the exception of integra's case) I would prefer it would be done icly (which is impossible Very Happy) also, will there be a division of MPF that go here? or only OTA? because there WERE MPF in the coast in hl2, very few, but there were.
    avatar
    τΐgσ
    Senior Development Manager/Donator
    Senior Development Manager/Donator

    Posts : 403
    Join date : 2011-08-09
    Location : That one box behind your local Wal-Mart

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  τΐgσ on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:01 am

    Well, everything's gonna have to be worked over, and that may take a while. Hopefully we can get a solid rule system in place, and keep the bullshit under foot this time around.

    Sponsored content

    Re: So... who wants DRP Back?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:09 am