Dominus Roleplay

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Warpizzle's admin application
In regards to a second server. READ THIS. EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 4:10 pm by Shisno

» guiz can i be an ota assassin pls
In regards to a second server. READ THIS. EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:13 pm by Milkdairy

» DRP Reopening
In regards to a second server. READ THIS. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Me have computer problems long time
In regards to a second server. READ THIS. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 pm by τΐgσ

» im out /10 character titles -.-
In regards to a second server. READ THIS. EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Server Reboot to-do-list
In regards to a second server. READ THIS. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm by Neko

» Kasumi Misaki
In regards to a second server. READ THIS. EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am by Kitsune

» hay tailer
In regards to a second server. READ THIS. EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:20 am by Kitsune

» Your favorite Unit.
In regards to a second server. READ THIS. EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 am by Warpizzle

Navigation

+9
Shisno
Kommadant Solis
TheBloodMaster
Warpizzle
τΐgσ
Xellos the old
Milkdairy
Gothic
ecstasy
13 posters

In regards to a second server. READ THIS.

Poll

What server would you prefer?

[ 5 ]
    In regards to a second server. READ THIS. I_vote_lcap31%In regards to a second server. READ THIS. I_vote_rcap [31%] 
    [ 11 ]
    In regards to a second server. READ THIS. I_vote_lcap69%In regards to a second server. READ THIS. I_vote_rcap [69%] 

Total Votes: 16
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

In regards to a second server. READ THIS. Empty In regards to a second server. READ THIS.

Post  ecstasy Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:09 pm

In regards to a second server. READ THIS. VSZn1

So, we want you to help us decide.
    Shisno and I have been discussing, quite recently, opening a second server which I will operate and control. However, we do not know which one we would rather open.
    We are currently stuck on either;
    A.) Minecraft SurvivalMP, loaded with plugins
    B.) Garrysmod Severance.

In regards to a second server. READ THIS. 2A5KK

If we decide to go with Minecraft, this would be a rather heavier task for me to control, but potentially be bigger than a garrysmod server as we can advertise it well.

However, the server will be much harder. I will require a crew of staff to help me run it, as I have no knowledge when it comes to coding.
    So I would need coders, developers, moderators, etc just to run it.

The server will be PVP.
    The server will be Survival mode (normal difficulty).
    The server will be a whitelist.

Current picked out plugins for our Minecraft server, if opened, will be as followed:
    Bukkit
    CommandiConomy 8
    iConomy
    LocalShops 4.0.1
    LogBlock 1.32
    Lottery 0.7.2
    LWC 4.0.0#451
    MineUp
    SignColours 1
    TownyAdvanced 0.77.1.0
    WeatherRestrictions 2.1
    WorldEdit 4.7
    WorldGuard 5.3
    Citizens 1.1.2
    Lavafurnace 1.43
    Landmarks 0.2
    MapMarkers 0.3.3
    Multiverseportals 2.1-b295
    MultiInv 2.4.2
    properTime 1.9.0
    Vault 1.1.0-b66
    AntiPvPLogout

In regards to a second server. READ THIS. TO5uA

If we decide to go with Severance, it would be much easier on my part.
    Granted, it would still require staff to help me run it, but a much smaller amount.
    I would need maybe one developer/coder, and depending on the size of our playerbase, 3-4 administrators.

This server would typically be self run, as plugins aren't really required.
    However, here are some minor details.

The server will be somewhat heavily related to zombies. However, not like typical L4D themed Sev. servers. There will be no "Specials", just normal zombies. These zombies bite. You get bitten, you are dead. Maybe. A cure is currently being designed, to try and combat the infection. If you are already infected, and are undead (aka you are already a zombie), you are gone for good. However, if the cure is designed before you are dead, you may have a chance of survival. However, not everyone will have access to the cure. And who knows, maybe the cure will just make things worse. Only time will tell.
    Also, there will be "carriers". Carriers will not become infected with the disease, however, they can infect others. This would typically be through sexual activity, or through open sores. Usually, however, if you are a carrier, you will know.

In regards to a second server. READ THIS. HLVA0

If you want this to happen, then here's a request.
    In regards to a second server. READ THIS. CYV86

Yes, we need donations.
    A second server will cost an additional 20 bucks,
    and we need 20 bucks right now to start either one of the servers.
    The faster we can raise 20 bucks, the quicker the second server will begin to operate.

Thanks for reading, everyone.
    In regards to a second server. READ THIS. ENWvY

Gothic
    Gothic

In regards to a second server. READ THIS. Empty Re: In regards to a second server. READ THIS.

Post  Gothic Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:17 pm

I'd love to see DRP have a Severance. Very Happy I'd want it to have TnB though.
    Milkdairy
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

Location : Staring at my computer, My Chair, My Room, My house, Los Angeles, California, United States, Northern America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

In regards to a second server. READ THIS. Empty Re: In regards to a second server. READ THIS.

Post  Milkdairy Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Although I am leaning a bit more towards severance, Each server has its pros and cons.

Minecraft would have a bigger playerbase, but eventually people would get bored of it.

Severance on the other hand is a long-lasting RP, but the playerbase might Borderline, Hemorrhage, And even die, if any is made at all.
    Xellos the old
    Xellos the old

Post  Xellos the old Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:56 pm

The biggest probleam is this part. Since DRP's Hl2Rp server haves very hard time upkeeping itself already. Beside that I'm neutral about them. But I'd suggest stil not to make either.

Yes, we need donations.
    The faster we can raise 20 bucks, the quicker the second server will begin to operate.
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ
    Senior Development Manager/Donator

Post  τΐgσ Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Xellos the old wrote:The biggest probleam is this part. Since DRP's Hl2Rp server haves very hard time upkeeping itself already. Beside that I'm neutral about them. But I'd suggest stil not to make either.

Yes, we need donations.

This.

I'd love to see another server up, but the server already seems to be a bit strained financially. I'd rather have us have one server which we can watch after then two which we're strugging to keep up with.
    Gothic
    Gothic

Post  Gothic Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:16 pm

I am kinda afraid if we did get another server, Outlands will die or something. Sad
    Warpizzle
    Warpizzle

Post  Warpizzle Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:58 pm

Not if it's an off-base MINECRAFT server! It will attract minecraft users who don't even know about dominus. Therfor, we shall have more members and they'll become interesting in Steam and Gmod!...So like...Yay for minecraft and stuff.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Hard,

I have admining skills with minecraft, and OP with severance,

I + support severance, if we choose MC I'm not even sure I'd be able to join the DRP MC server...
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:47 pm

We've decided to go with severance.

Now, on to the point of where people are talking about it not working because Dominus is already struggling, heres what I have to address that.

Outlands is slowly dying. Its not HL2RP anymore. That is why it is dying. We're losing people daily, because of how the server is progressing, or, well, regressing. If it keeps going on the current path that it is going, outlands is going to die, without a doubt. In my own eye, opening a second server can be beneficial, because you will get a different group of players. I can honestly pinpoint numerous issues as to why the server is going to die.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:30 pm

I have a few recommendations

**We have like, a special group of ppl (6 male icly 6 female icly) who are like, chosen for a project, and those peeps become like, say, special infected, it is the player's choice to be friendly or enemy.

(Last time this was tried it was almost successful, I was one of the participants, and I was mutated into some assassin...)

I also recommend we use THIS map

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=87727

it's big, it's dark, it's perfect.

τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:00 pm

TheBloodMaster wrote:I have a few recommendations

**We have like, a special group of ppl (6 male icly 6 female icly) who are like, chosen for a project, and those peeps become like, say, special infected, it is the player's choice to be friendly or enemy.

(Last time this was tried it was almost successful, I was one of the participants, and I was mutated into some assassin...)

I also recommend we use THIS map

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=87727

it's big, it's dark, it's perfect.

Necro urban seems alright. We could probably find a better one for RP, though.
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:06 am

The map we will be using is rp_necro_downtown. It is the darkest map I have ever played on. So dark that in places you can't physically see anything.
    There are to be NO special infected. At all.
    Kommadant Solis
    Kommadant Solis

Post  Kommadant Solis Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:18 am

I have a map from back when I was in Nova, It's called Rp_necro_downtown_new It's based off the map Rp_downtown, unfortunately, this map cannot be found on Garrysmod.org. However I uploaded the map to mediafire

-snipped due to the damn forum not letting me paste it, I can pm the link to you if you want it.

Check it out, It's a pretty large map, has a sewers and subway. A 3 story police station, and several apartment complexes. Lots of places for loot.

Edit: Well This is necro_downtown_new.... Not sure if there are alot of differences.
    Gothic
    Gothic

Post  Gothic Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:46 am

Why'd we even do the aftermath in the first place for Outlands? I feel like it ruined everything.
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:52 am

LTDEAD wrote:I have a map from back when I was in Nova, It's called Rp_necro_downtown_new It's based off the map Rp_downtown, unfortunately, this map cannot be found on Garrysmod.org. However I uploaded the map to mediafire

-snipped due to the damn forum not letting me paste it, I can pm the link to you if you want it.

Check it out, It's a pretty large map, has a sewers and subway. A 3 story police station, and several apartment complexes. Lots of places for loot.

Edit: Well This is necro_downtown_new.... Not sure if there are alot of differences.

Its the same map I'm using.
    Kommadant Solis
    Kommadant Solis

Post  Kommadant Solis Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:00 am

Hipster wrote:
    LTDEAD wrote:I have a map from back when I was in Nova, It's called Rp_necro_downtown_new It's based off the map Rp_downtown, unfortunately, this map cannot be found on Garrysmod.org. However I uploaded the map to mediafire

Its the same map I'm using.

Oh.... Alright then, nevermind.
    Shisno
    Shisno

Post  Shisno Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:38 am

I must remind people, that if you want this server to happen, you guys gotta help me pay for it, I'm having to pay my own personal expenses, and soon enough I won't have enough to pay for ONE server at all.
    Xellos the old
    Xellos the old

Post  Xellos the old Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:57 am

Shisno wrote:I must remind people, that if you want this server to happen, you guys gotta help me pay for it, I'm having to pay my own personal expenses, and soon enough I won't have enough to pay for ONE server at all.

This is why I reccomd stil to forget the entire second server idea to be forgotten.
    Chances are whit example: Denmark (That little country north of Germany) tryd to take Germany by military force. Chances are? They start and get beated quickly.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:05 pm

maybe we can scrap outlands guys,

As boss as it seems
    it's become more like a big part Maury show part star-gate part bullshit.

aftermath was indeed a bad idea,
    Milkdairy
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

Location : Staring at my computer, My Chair, My Room, My house, Los Angeles, California, United States, Northern America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

Post  Milkdairy Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I hav an event planned out that I will bring forward to Shisno which will set things right. A climax of climaxes. In my eyes, DRP has had 7 seasons. This event would be the season 7 finale.
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:32 pm

Milkdairy wrote:I hav an event planned out that I will bring forward to Shisno which will set things right. A climax of climaxes. In my eyes, DRP has had 7 seasons. This event would be the season 7 finale.

Uhh huuuuuuuh.

So, if this is a T.V. show, how come I've never heard of "16 and No Life" on MTV?
    Milkdairy
    Milkdairy
    Development Manager
    Development Manager

Post  Milkdairy Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Cause this is one of those Action Dramas where everybody realizes they've been in purgatory the entire fucking time. *Wink wink*
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:49 pm

Milkdairy wrote:Cause this is one of those Action Dramas where everybody realizes they've been in purgatory the entire fucking time. *Wink wink*

This can't be Purgatory. There's no white space. Because I'm coloring on it.
    puppy0156
    puppy0156
    Banned User

Post  puppy0156 Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:06 am

If we do go with severance.....

YOU HAVE MY +SUPPORT.

*Knight Josh Cook voice: IT, SHALL, BE SO!*

In regards to a second server. READ THIS. Knight_tnb
    ecstasy
    ecstasy
    Roleplay Moderator

Post  ecstasy Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:30 am

puppy0156 wrote:If we do go with severance.....

YOU HAVE MY +SUPPORT.

*Knight Josh Cook voice: IT, SHALL, BE SO!*

In regards to a second server. READ THIS. Knight_tnb

Its not going to be like Chancer's.
    You aren't going to be some militarized asshole who demoralizes everyone else. You're going to be a citizen stuck in a city, infested with zombies, where teamwork is crucial for survival.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:18 am