Dominus Roleplay

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Warpizzle's admin application
Canonical Idea Thread EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 4:10 pm by Shisno

» guiz can i be an ota assassin pls
Canonical Idea Thread EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:13 pm by Milkdairy

» DRP Reopening
Canonical Idea Thread EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Me have computer problems long time
Canonical Idea Thread EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 pm by τΐgσ

» im out /10 character titles -.-
Canonical Idea Thread EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:59 pm by Milkdairy

» Server Reboot to-do-list
Canonical Idea Thread EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm by Neko

» Kasumi Misaki
Canonical Idea Thread EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am by Kitsune

» hay tailer
Canonical Idea Thread EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:20 am by Kitsune

» Your favorite Unit.
Canonical Idea Thread EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 am by Warpizzle

Navigation

+4
τΐgσ
TheBloodMaster
Kitsune
Shisno
8 posters

Canonical Idea Thread

Shisno
    Shisno

Canonical Idea Thread Empty Canonical Idea Thread

Post  Shisno Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:31 pm

While the administration is hard at work hammering out our canon to the finest of details, (Cue closing of a curtain with monkeys hammering on a piece of metal.) We would like your input on whatever you feel needs addressing.

Please keep in mind that,

We will ignore "stupid" suggestions. What we call stupid, is up to our discretion.

We're aware of what to do with rogues, so please keep that crap to yourself.
    Kitsune
    Kitsune

Canonical Idea Thread Empty Re: Canonical Idea Thread

Post  Kitsune Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:38 am

Until I see the male OTA wearing latex suits with small vests, I refuse to call assassins 'soldiers'. Sorry, brosef, but soldiers don't wear fucking latex suits. Fix this before I break someones facehole with a phallic object.
    Shisno
    Shisno

Post  Shisno Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:57 am

Amethyst™ wrote:Until I see the male OTA wearing latex suits with small vests, I refuse to call assassins 'soldiers'. Sorry, brosef, but soldiers don't wear fucking latex suits. Fix this before I break someones facehole with a phallic object.

Suggestion noted, subsequently ignored and marked as "Stupid." Context, "Anyone in an organized military structure can be called a 'Soldier'."
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:43 am

I think that it should be IMPOSSIBLE for an OTA to go rogue, MAYBE an assassin because they have less brainwashing (it would take weeks/months of un-brainwashing tho, probably with vorts), but OTA are IMPOSSIBLE to go rogue, also, I think there should be NO loyal MPF in the coast. Also, NO ROGUE FUCKING HUNTERS THIS TIME PLEASE? Razz

I also think that biolocks shouldn't be able to be "removed", but they can instead only be reprogrammed to work on said person's biosignal, but to have a biosignal they would have to be an MPF, because civs/refugees/rebels don't have biosignals.
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ
    Senior Development Manager/Donator

Post  τΐgσ Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Mind that it's just a suggestion, but I feel we could do Outlands before any serious rebellion is going on against the Combine. Granted, there've always been troublemakers for them, but making the canon before a time when all that was organized could be interesting.

I feel general augments beyond our current human capabilities should be kept at a minimum; prosthetic limbs and what not could be more advanced and keep soldiers on the battlefield, but they shouldn't grant any more additional power than normal ones.

Finally, if my first suggestion is taken into consideration, perhaps there would be more organized and frequent Combine patrols? It would require the refugees to be a lot more careful, and would add tension where in the past tension seemed to be lacking.

That's all for now, I'll come back if I get any more ideas.
    Kitsune
    Kitsune

Post  Kitsune Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:39 pm

TheBloodMaster wrote:I think that it should be IMPOSSIBLE for an OTA to go rogue, MAYBE an assassin because they have less brainwashing (it would take weeks/months of un-brainwashing tho, probably with vorts), but OTA are IMPOSSIBLE to go rogue, also, I think there should be NO loyal MPF in the coast. Also, NO ROGUE FUCKING HUNTERS THIS TIME PLEASE? Razz

I also think that biolocks shouldn't be able to be "removed", but they can instead only be reprogrammed to work on said person's biosignal, but to have a biosignal they would have to be an MPF, because civs/refugees/rebels don't have biosignals.

Vortigaunts saved Alyx from multiple stab wounds to... the chest and stomach, if I recall correctly. If he'd have had the vortessence there (Gordon), then she'd have been up and fine in about ten minutes or so, despite being basically dead.

I think it should be instant unbrainwashing for any OTA/MpF, but if there's one/two Vorts doing it- depending on the brainwashing, it should take longer. The older and the more vorts, the less time. IE; Ten 'Teenage' Vortigaunts = 1 week

Two 'Elder/Ancient Vortigaunts' = Two days

Four average vortigaunts = 1 week - 2 weeks

And, Shisno... shut the fuck up. I didn't give you permission to talk. <3
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Amethyst™️ wrote:
    TheBloodMaster wrote:I think that it should be IMPOSSIBLE for an OTA to go rogue, MAYBE an assassin because they have less brainwashing (it would take weeks/months of un-brainwashing tho, probably with vorts), but OTA are IMPOSSIBLE to go rogue, also, I think there should be NO loyal MPF in the coast. Also, NO ROGUE FUCKING HUNTERS THIS TIME PLEASE? Razz

Vortigaunts saved Alice from multiple stab wounds to... the chest and stomach, if I recall correctly. If he'd have had the vortessence there (Gordon), then she'd have been up and fine in about ten minutes or so, despite being basically dead.

I think it should be instant unbrainwashing for any OTA/MpF, but if there's one/two Vorts doing it- depending on the brainwashing, it should take longer. The older and the more vorts, the less time. IE; Ten 'Teenage' Vortigaunts = 1 week

Two 'Elder/Ancient Vortigaunts' = Two days

Four average vortigaunts = 1 week - 2 weeks

And, Shisno... shut the fuck up. I didn't give you permission to talk. <3

like I said, it should take weeks/months.
    Shisno
    Shisno

Post  Shisno Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 pm

You're half right with the OTA there, it will be impossible for them to WILLINGLY go rogue. As for loyal MPF, the o ly ones you'd see would be of high rank, and on official union buisness, like scientific expeditions and experiments for example. Rogue hunters? No. In order to haveone on your side, you'd best be at a synth maintenance facility where you get access to program their mission objective. (Mind you the chances of this are unlikely. )

As for biosignal, a biosignal is merely the pulse or lifesigns of a particular subject. And combine locks can be removed, although it's more than a bitch and a half to remove them.
    Yuri Sergig
    Yuri Sergig
    Donator

Post  Yuri Sergig Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:05 am

I know this is a radical twist i suggest, but as we are considering seveal ideas and concepts that is breaking the HL2 Cannon in some degrees, maybe we should consider making our own indepentant cannon/storyline, We could make a thread for suggestions, then a vote, because if we are going under the term '' HL2 Outlands RP '' That means that majority off people will be not seeing rouges running around, not see resistance rambos wearing a full armory that a entire resistance camp isnt even close to, bloody '' Adam Jensen '' sex machines that uses one-liners that really ruins the roleplay emersion, and feels like more watching a Uwe Boll movie, And lastly basicly everyone never had food, or water problems, when seveal hints are that the combine made the outlands water-supply posioned, if not drained.

Therefor i wish if we are to create a HL2 Outlands RP, we focus on the little things in pasiv RP, that means everyone can do something usefull, meaning, you dont need a big gun to get into events. Like refugees starting minor farming, or that people create water cleansing machines to support the town, such as acitvies, such things really goes along way when it comes to getting DRP a good repuation, and more players.

Also, If we are starting on HL2 Outlands again, limted weapons, and uniforms should be given, else we will end up like walking armories back in the day, making it feel less serious.

And lastly, we should start at a city, or somewhere from the buttom, because that will give the ability for anyone ( If permited within SA, Or owner rights ) To make events or acts that can change the outcome of the IC situation, that means, if allowed, anyone in the server have a chance to change the outcome of the current situation, as in, if lets say a group of 9 wants to crawl to the sewers, then escape out the city in drainage pipes, it would result in a map change, therefor it makes it appear as you have power over how things goes, making the average joes without anything have hope, and power as much as anyone else on the server, of course the actions have to be within sense and reason.
    Shisno
    Shisno

Post  Shisno Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:28 am

Yuri Sergig wrote:I know this is a radical twist i suggest, but as we are considering seveal ideas and concepts that is breaking the HL2 Cannon in some degrees, maybe we should consider making our own indepentant cannon/storyline,
    That is the entire purpose of this thread Yuri. The administration is in charge of the storyline, but this thread is for the minute differences, like the "OTA cannot willingly go rogue" and such.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:31 pm

Shisno wrote:

You're half right with the OTA there, it will be impossible for them to WILLINGLY go rogue. As for loyal MPF, the o ly ones you'd see would be of high rank, and on official union buisness, like scientific expeditions and experiments for example. Rogue hunters? No. In order to haveone on your side, you'd best be at a synth maintenance facility where you get access to program their mission objective. (Mind you the chances of this are unlikely. )

As for biosignal, a biosignal is merely the pulse or lifesigns of a particular subject. And combine locks can be removed, although it's more than a bitch and a half to remove them.

the rogue hunters part was a joke, but I mean it to my fullest, because I was pretty mad when there was a rogue fucking hunter Neutral and don't combine need a special device to lock/unlock biosignals?
    Yuri Sergig
    Yuri Sergig
    Donator

Post  Yuri Sergig Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:48 pm

TheBloodMaster wrote:
    Shisno wrote:

the rogue hunters part was a joke, but I mean it to my fullest, because I was pretty mad when there was a rogue fucking hunter Neutral and don't combine need a special device to lock/unlock biosignals?

Rogue fucking a hunter...What..What..What Jesus, what next, headcrab full frontal action ?
    Shisno
    Shisno

Post  Shisno Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 pm

TheBloodMaster wrote:
    Shisno wrote:

First off, a biosignal is not a lock. Second, they don't have individual devices for the biosignal. As I told you, what the combine call the "Biosignal" Is a Unit's life-signs or pulse. The way they use it, is basically a more advanced form of biometrics like, for example how today's computers have retina scanners, fingerprint and handprint scanners. Like the fingerprint, every human's heartbeat is different to some tiny degree, as such the Combine "biosignal" is created. The Combine simply whitelist, (Or blacklist) individual unit biosignals with a certain degree of access. Those who aren't in the combine biosignal system, are just ignored and denied access outright.
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Shisno wrote:
    TheBloodMaster wrote:
    Shisno wrote:

First off, a biosignal is not a lock. Second, they don't have individual devices for the biosignal. As I told you, what the combine call the "Biosignal" Is a Unit's life-signs or pulse. The way they use it, is basically a more advanced form of biometrics like, for example how today's computers have retina scanners, fingerprint and handprint scanners. Like the fingerprint, every human's heartbeat is different to some tiny degree, as such the Combine "biosignal" is created. The Combine simply whitelist, (Or blacklist) individual unit biosignals with a certain degree of access. Those who aren't in the combine biosignal system, are just ignored and denied access outright.

I men't biolocks, not biosignal, sorry >_> but yea, I understand now.
    Katelyn
    Katelyn

Post  Katelyn Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Alright so like fuck you guys and your OP Medkits hurr durr hurr. Nawh I kid I love you all, you strange weird people you.
    So Shisno was talking about the medkits and I came up with this suggestion. Thumbs up or thumbs down?
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/Vials_and_Medkits.jpg
    Katelyn
    Katelyn

Post  Katelyn Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Shisno wrote:
    Amethyst™ wrote:Until I see the male OTA wearing latex suits with small vests, I refuse to call assassins 'soldiers'. Sorry, brosef, but soldiers don't wear fucking latex suits. Fix this before I break someones facehole with a phallic object.

Suggestion noted, subsequently ignored and marked as "Stupid." Context, "Anyone in an organized military structure can be called a 'Soldier'."

ESPECIALLY THE PROSTITUTES, THEY WEAR LATEX AND THEY WORK ALL NIGHT, BRAVE SOLDIERS! o7

τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:55 pm

ѕĸιттleѕ wrote:
    Shisno wrote:

]ESPECIALLY THE PROSTITUTES, THEY WEAR LATEX AND THEY WORK ALL NIGHT, BRAVE SOLDIERS! o7

I don't believe prostitutes were ever part of a military structure, though servicemen have partaken in their services before.
    Yuri Sergig
    Yuri Sergig
    Donator

Post  Yuri Sergig Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:53 am

τΐgσ wrote:
    ѕĸιттleѕ wrote:
    Shisno wrote:

]ESPECIALLY THE PROSTITUTES, THEY WEAR LATEX AND THEY WORK ALL NIGHT, BRAVE SOLDIERS! o7

I don't believe prostitutes were ever part of a military structure, though servicemen have partaken in their services before.

I think this thread is going outta hand, Lets get back to the subject, please.
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:53 am

Amethyst™ wrote:"I think this thread is going outta hand, Lets get back to the subject, please."

Shut up, Meg.

(<3?)

I'm gonna be deleting that, bit of an off-topic instigation.

Anyways, let's try to get back to canon ideas people.
    Katelyn
    Katelyn

Post  Katelyn Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:03 am

We definately need to reformat ways of getting food and such, not just ol' Chris Hansen in his herpaderpa chugga chugging through the sky carelessly dropping us everything. x3
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:48 pm

well, back in cityrp, to survive I hunted headcrabs (bring a helmet :3)and collected rain and heated it to get rid of un-wanted germs and shit to survive. which is pretty much the simplest way to survive. As for the topic of shelter, you punch trees, and get wood of course! No, seriously, just joking, for shelter in outlands I found an old boat and made that my home (everybody would remember the little room I had outside the map that was icly the inside of the boat :3)
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:22 pm

Amethyst™ wrote:There used to be this character in DRP called Meg

I think she should shut up.

(That's my canonical idea)

Post deleted.

Integra, stop instigating and try to be a little more mature, whether or not Blood is being annoying. Thanks.
    τΐgσ
    τΐgσ

Post  τΐgσ Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:28 am

Alright, new idea: Combine anti-floral chemicals.

Following the name, and the Combine plan on slowly dwindling the populace of humans to zero, the chemicals could be spread about the Outlands to greatly reduce the possibility of renegades farming for their food, causing them to not only look for places with good soil, but places where the chemicals are barely present or absent.

Needless to point out, these chemicals won't directly effect humans, but would put a greater emphasis on finding your own food.

As for how these chemicals could be deployed, they could be administered like the suppression fields, aerial drops, artillery, etc.
    Kitsune
    Kitsune

Post  Kitsune Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 am

I agree, but we don't want it being literally EVERYWHERE, otherwise people will bitch. Have like... 1 small, secretive area that doesn't have it somewhere on the map.

(Typed quick cause I have to go to school kthxbai)
    TheBloodMaster
    TheBloodMaster
    Banned User

Post  TheBloodMaster Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:09 am

τΐgσ wrote:Alright, new idea: Combine anti-floral chemicals.

Following the name, and the Combine plan on slowly dwindling the populace of humans to zero, the chemicals could be spread about the Outlands to greatly reduce the possibility of renegades farming for their food, causing them to not only look for places with good soil, but places where the chemicals are barely present or absent.

Needless to point out, these chemicals won't directly effect humans, but would put a greater emphasis on finding your own food.

As for how these chemicals could be deployed, they could be administered like the suppression fields, aerial drops, artillery, etc.

headcrabs provide the food necessary to survive, and they taste good, and are carnivores! no soil necessary!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:40 pm